The Human Rights Researcher’s Network provides a unique platform to promote and facilitate interdisciplinary human rights research, including exchange between the academic and practice spheres. Membership is open to human rights researchers based in academic institutions and also to those in the practitioner world, including those researching for NGOs, governments, the United Nations and civil society organisations.
The Network hosts a range of events on human rights related topics along with an annual conference. The Network welcomes collaborative partnerships with other human rights organisations. The official journal of the Network is the International Journal of Human Rights, a peer-reviewed journal that produces eight issues per year.
The standard annual membership fee is £30.00. Students are eligible for a discounted rate of £20.00. Please register via this link.
Note: Scholars and Researchers based in Least Developed Countries will be eligible for complementary membership subject to approval from the Network. Applicants will be expected to provide a CV and a Statement of Interest to support their application for membership. Please contact us on HRC@sas.ac.uk for further details.
- Access to a large network of human rights researchers
- Subscription to the International Journal of Human Rights, including access to the archives
- Preferential rate for the Network annual conference
- Preferential rates for Network affiliated conferences and workshops
- Online bimonthly newsletter updating recent developments in the field, including new publications, forthcoming events, funding opportunities, research fellowships and special journal issues
- 20% discount on Routledge books